DM Lite Transmitter and 2x1 Auto-Switcher for HDMI, VGA, and Analog Audio Signal Extension over CATx
This item is noncancelable and nonreturnable.
The HD-TX-201-C-2G-E (-B-T or -W-T) is a DM Lite® wall plate transmitter designed to pair with a DM Lite or DMPS Lite™ receiver to form a signal extender for HDMI® signals. The DM Lite family of products offers a versatile solution for extending HD, UHD, 2K, and 4K video signals, with stereo or surround sound audio, over a single CAT5e (or higher) cable. A cable length of up to 230 ft (70 m) is supported for HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals, or up to 130 ft (40 m) for UHD and 4K.1
In addition to its HDMI input, the HD-TX-201-C-2G-E also includes a VGA input accompanied by a stereo analog audio input. Auto-switching between HDMI and VGA enables plug-and-play simplicity. Manual input selection is also available using the front panel INPUT SEL button. The VGA input can accept RGB and component video signals by using an appropriate breakout cable or adapter (not included). The audio input is selected in tandem with the VGA input, and can be used by itself with no video source connected. However, it cannot be paired with the HDMI video input.
NOTE: When paired with an HD-RX-201-C-E or DMPS Lite receiver, the local inputs are switched in combination with the HDMI input on the receiver, and can also be controlled remotely through integration with a Crestron® control system.
A CAT6a RJ-45 courtesy jack is included to provide a 1000BASE-T network connection for computers and other devices. The front panel jack passes through to a parallel jack on the rear, which connects to an available port on the customer’s LAN. This LAN jack is provided as a convenience to replace the need for a separate RJ-45 wall jack. It does not interface with the DM Lite system and cannot be used to extend Ethernet signals or interface with a control system.
The HD-TX-201-C-2G-E series is available in black or white, and is designed to mount into a 2-gang electrical box or plaster ring (not included). When paired with a surface-mountable receiver, the HD-TX-201-C-2G-E is powered by the receiver over the DM Lite link cable.2
Note: This product is not addressable from a control system and offers no programmable functionality except when paired with an HD-RX-201-C-E or DMPS Lite receiver. Otherwise, AV and CEC signals are simply passed through between the transmitter and receiver. The RJ-45 link port on this product is exclusively intended for linking with a single DM Lite or DMPS Lite receiver. It should not be used to connect to any other equipment or network. DM Lite technology is not compatible with PoE, PoDM, DigitalMedia 8G+®, or HDBaseT® technology.
- Pairs with a DM Lite® or DMPS Lite™ receiver
- Enables extension of HDMI® video and audio signals
- Converts and extends VGA and analog audio signals
- Auto-switches between one HDMI input and one VGA input
- Links to the receiver via a single CAT5e (or higher) twisted pair cable
- Supports 4K and UHD at up to 130 ft (40 m)
- Supports HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K at up to 230 ft (70 m)
- Handles 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:2:0 and 4K30 4:4:4
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Supports Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Compatible with HDMI, DVI, and Dual-Mode DisplayPort™ sources
- Compatible with VGA, RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB, and YPbPr component sources up to HD 1080p and WUXGA
- HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Passes CEC and EDID signals
- Allows control system integration when paired with an HD-RX-201-C-E or DMPS Lite receiver
- Courtesy LAN jack
- Flush wall mount design
- Installs in a 2-gang U.S. electrical box (2-1/4” deep) or plaster ring (not included)
- Decorator style faceplates sold separately (type FP-G2-DM only)
- Normally powered by the receiver (surface-mountable) over the link cable
- For the DM Lite link cable, use Crestron DM-CBL-8G DigitalMedia 8G™ cable, Crestron DM-CBL-ULTRA DigitalMedia™ Ultra cable, or third-party CAT5e or higher. The maximum cable length is 230 ft (70 m) for resolutions up to 2K or 130 ft (40 m) for higher resolution signals up to 4K. Refer to the “Maximum DM Lite Link Cable Lengths” table for a more detailed overview. Shielded cable and connectors are required when bundling multiple cables in a wire run, and are recommended for all applications to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p. Wire and cables are sold separately. DM Lite devices are not compatible with DigitalMedia 8G+, HDBaseT, PoE, PoDM, or any other CATx based interface or network.
- When connecting a wall plate transmitter to a surface-mountable receiver, use the power pack that ships with the receiver. If the transmitter and receiver are both wall plates, a separate power pack must be purchased, which may be connected to either the transmitter or receiver. Only one power pack is required. Do not connect more than one power pack. Please note, the wall plate compatible power pack is not yet available. Please contact Crestron Customer Support for assistance when pairing a wall plate transmitter with a wall plate receiver. DM Lite devices are not compatible with PoE or PoDM. DM Lite devices are not compatible with PoE or PoDM.
- The HDMI input requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are available separately.
- The VGA input requires an appropriate breakout cable or adapter to accommodate an RGB or component video signal.
Please contact us for any questions regarding this product.